TempleCares: Bridge to Employment provides young adults with the education, training, and work experience needed to be successful in the healthcare industry!
- Earn free industry credentials in Medical Office, Nurse Aide, or Behavioral Health.
- Gain skills through a paid “on the job” training experience.
- Participate in career exploration, career exposure, and professional and personal skill building workshops.
- Intensive career coaching to support on the job training, interviews, and full time employment, with support through the first 3 months after being hired for the full time permanent position.
- Program runs from July through December, with full time employment search beginning in January after successful completion of credential process.
- Summer Schedule: students are in classes for five days a week at District 1199C Training and Upgrading Fund, 100 S Broad St.
- Fall / Winter Schedule: students are in class at 1199C two days a week, working at their internships two days a week and at Temple University one day a week.
- Be 17-21 years old.
- High school graduate (or will graduate same year as enrollment).
- Graduates of high school CTE programs focused on health care studies strongly encouraged to apply.
- Receive TANF/SNAP/MA as head of household or as minor.
- Family income does not exceed Federal Poverty Income Guideline.
- Philadelphia Resident.
- Authorized to work in Philadelphia.
- Males 18 or older registered for Selective Service.
- Consent to obtain all Federal and State Criminal and Child Abuse clearances and drug testing.
ENROLLMENT TIME PERIOD
Enrollment starts in Spring.
1301 Cecil B. Moore Ave. Ritter Hall, Rm 446