PowerCorpsPHL is a City of Philadelphia AmeriCorps initiative, operated in partnership with EducationWorks.
PowerCorpsPHL engages disconnected young adults and returning citizens in advancing their lives through service. PowerCorpsPHL enrolls members in full-time AmeriCorps service to support Philadelphia’s environmental stewardship, youth violence prevention, and workforce development priorities.
Cohort Application opens May – closes August
PowerCorpsPHL is a 12 month model with the opportunity to engage in 2 or more , six month terms of service. The first six month is a 675hr term of crew based service work and the second six months is a fellowship or subsidized internship for 900 hours of service.
Monday – Thursday field service 7:45am – 3:30pm
Fridays: Professional Development/Training OR All Corps Service also 7:45am-3:30pm
Members can earn a living allowance of $484/week, pre tax throughout the duration of the program and are eligible for an education award of approximately $2100 to be used towards post secondary education, after each successful term of service
PCPHL offices are in the EducationWorks at 990 Spring Garden Street Suite 601, Phila PA 19123, however, service sites on a daily basis are located all across the city.
- Workforce Development Program through AmeriCorps Service inclusive of the following experiences and curriculum:
- Fellowship training
- Alumni mentorship program
- Expungement services
- post-secondary education bridging
- Environmental Stewardship
- Roots of Success Environmental Literacy
- OSHA 10
- Customer Service Certification
- Digital Badges
- Essential Skills
- Supportive Services Curriculum
- Barbershop Talk/Current Events
- Career Readiness
- Bring Your A Game
- Goal Setting
- Resume & Cover Letter creation
- Transportation supports provided to participants
- 18-26 years old
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Able to provide their up-to-date Photo ID, birth certificate, social security card, and diploma/GED.
- Enrollment process includes a probationary period
- All are welcome, although due to our AmeriCorps regulations, we cannot accept candidates with a conviction record of first-degree murder or sexual assault.