YEP provides Philadelphia youth, ages 16 to 24 who have a GED or HS Diploma with career training opportunities in IT & Customer Service. Eligible youth participants utilize a variety of resources including, career educational counseling and academic support.
- Workshops, literacy, job readiness
- career exploration events, college/vocational school tours,
- Internships opportunities;
- job shadowing and career-based mentoring
Career Advising – Career advisors provide support during and after completion of education & training to help youth stay on track with goals.
Work Experiences – Temple’s YEP has an exciting network of internship opportunities at the university and around the city so students can gain valuable workplace experience and earn incentive pay for workplace achievement.
Job Skills Training
Track 1– Earn the International Computer Drivers License(ICDL). The ICDL is the global standard in end-user computer skills, offering YEP youth an internationally recognized certification supported by employers globally and improves a candidate’s job prospects.
Track 2 – Customer Service Training to learn the skills needed to provide quality service. This training will provide you with problem solving and communication skills employers in most industries value.
- 1 Year program length
- Paid work experience
- Incentives such as gift cards and transportation support
- Credentials Squired; International Computer Drivers License(ICDL) and NRF Customer Service
- Average hourly wage; $9/hr
- Employer partners; Temple University, Spectrum Health Services, Discount Dental
- Philadelphia resident between 17-24 years
- Must have HSD or GED
- Math, Reading and language skills at 6th grade level
- Youth with criminal record are eligible for the program
E-mail: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org